|Anonymous | Login||2020-01-28 16:51 MSK|
|My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0025602||Open CASCADE||[OCCT] OCCT:Data Exchange||public||2014-12-12 16:29||2019-09-12 23:09|
|Target Version||[OCCT] 7.5.0*||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0025602: Data Exchange - It is important for IGES and STEP file format to add check, if wrong data are read from the file|
|Description||It is important for IGES and STEP file format to add check, if wrong data are read from the file. For example, if file contains number ~ 1.0e-314 (less than DBL_MIN) or Nan-numbers (see wrongnum.PNG file attached).|
|Steps To Reproduce||test de step_1 E6|
New test case is not required.
and documentation updates
|Just for the record:|
Validity of numbers read can be checked by _fpclass(...) function. Its code is shown there: http://www.jbox.dk/sanos/source/lib/math.c.html [^] [^]
Function _fpclass(...) is standard for Visual Studio but it is not supported by Linux-translators. The author of notice (http://www.johndcook.com/blog/ieee_exceptions_in_cpp/ [^] [^]) advises to use fp_class_d(...) function on LINUX platform. But it is not supported, too.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Test case number|
|Attached Files||wrongnum.PNG (42,270 bytes) 2014-12-12 16:29|
Branch CR25602 has been created by nbv.
Detailed log of new commits:
Date: Mon Dec 29 14:07:55 2014 +0300
0025602: It is important for IGES and STEP file format to add check, if if wrong data are read from the file
1. Functions Precision::IsIllegal(...) and Precision::IsInfinitesimal(...) were added.
2. Detection incorrect numbers read from *.stp and/or *.igs files was added.
3. Precision.cdl was deleted.
4. New exception type "UnsupportedNumber" was created.
Please review CR25602 branch.
Before reviewing please pay attention to the your message http://tracker.dev.opencascade.org/view.php?id=25275#c35288. [^]
Exception about illegal number is caught in Interface_FileReaderTool.cxx in the function Interface_FileReaderTool::LoadModel(const Handle(Interface_InterfaceModel)&).
There, for every error type special status is set (e.g. "XSTEP_21"). This status is decrypted in \src\XSMessage\XSTEP.* resource file. Entity with error will be ignored.
1. Please roll back changes that are not related to the fix, such as conversion of package Precision to non-CDL and reformatting StepData_StepReaderData.cxx. Besides, have you tried building this? I guess WOK should fail to compile Precise due to absence of CDL.
2. Please explain why not using standard fpclass() function but inventing your own instead.
3. Instead of checking result of Atof() and Interface_FileReaderData::Fastof() in 6 places, why not introducing relevant check in these functions?
1. Problems with compilation are absent, it has been checked.
2. Please read the message message http://tracker.dev.opencascade.org/view.php?id=25275#c35288. [^] "The lines 543-552 have wrong indentation...". There is no point in correcting indentation without code reformatting, is there?
3. See Additional information to the bug: "Function _fpclass(...) is standard for Visual Studio but it is not supported by Linux-translators..."
4. In my point of view, Atof() and Interface_FileReaderData::Fastof() functions must read (and convert) all values correctly (without any exceptions). E.g. why should we throw an exception in Atof() function, if it reads number 3e+101? We should not. Usually, it is a good value. It is bad for shapes dimension only.
I agree with abv's remarks.
My addition: please indent the definition of new exception UnsupportedNumber to be the same as of other inherited NumericError.
Concerning point 2, "There is no point in correcting indentation without code reformatting".
1. Please do not make any formatting modifications in the code that you are not modifying.
2. When you are modifying a code, please try to make as few changes as possible.
Branch CR25602 has been updated forcibly by nbv.
Branch CR25602 has been updated forcibly by nbv.
|2014-12-12 16:29||nbv||New Issue|
|2014-12-12 16:29||nbv||Assigned To||=> nbv|
|2014-12-12 16:29||nbv||File Added: wrongnum.PNG|
|2014-12-12 16:32||nbv||Additional Information Updated||View Revisions|
|2014-12-12 16:32||nbv||Relationship added||related to 0025275|
|2014-12-13 16:41||msv||Summary||It is important for IGES and STEP file format to add check, if if wrong data are read from the file => It is important for IGES and STEP file format to add check, if wrong data are read from the file|
|2014-12-13 16:41||msv||Description Updated||View Revisions|
|2014-12-30 15:42||nbv||Status||new => assigned|
|2014-12-30 16:59||git||Note Added: 0035905|
|2014-12-30 17:07||nbv||Note Added: 0035907|
|2014-12-30 17:07||nbv||Assigned To||nbv => msv|
|2014-12-30 17:07||nbv||Status||assigned => resolved|
|2015-01-01 15:34||abv||Note Added: 0035916|
|2015-01-01 15:34||abv||Assigned To||msv => nbv|
|2015-01-01 15:34||abv||Status||resolved => assigned|
|2015-01-12 10:28||nbv||Note Added: 0035944|
|2015-01-12 10:29||nbv||Assigned To||nbv => abv|
|2015-01-12 10:29||nbv||Status||assigned => feedback|
|2015-01-12 10:59||msv||Note Added: 0035945|
|2015-01-12 11:26||msv||Note Added: 0035946|
|2015-01-12 11:41||msv||Assigned To||abv => nbv|
|2015-01-12 11:41||msv||Status||feedback => assigned|
|2015-04-06 16:58||abv||Target Version||6.9.0 => 7.1.0|
|2015-06-01 09:27||nbv||Relationship added||related to 0025486|
|2015-07-29 14:27||git||Note Added: 0043676|
|2015-07-29 16:13||git||Note Added: 0043681|
|2016-10-26 20:00||gka||Target Version||7.1.0 => 7.2.0|
|2017-07-27 09:33||abv||Target Version||7.2.0 => 7.4.0|
|2019-08-13 12:57||kgv||Relationship added||related to 0030875|
|2019-08-13 12:57||kgv||Assigned To||nbv => gka|
|2019-08-16 10:52||kgv||Summary||It is important for IGES and STEP file format to add check, if wrong data are read from the file => Data Exchange - It is important for IGES and STEP file format to add check, if wrong data are read from the file|
|2019-09-12 23:09||abv||Target Version||7.4.0 => 7.5.0*|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2020 MantisBT Team|